There’s not much better than piling a bunch of ingredients into a slow cooker in the morning and coming home to dinner. Especially if it’s low carb and/or keto-friendly. I’ll admit, I don’t use my slow cooker as much as I could, but that’s about to change. Check out these amazing keto slow cooker recipes! They’ll keep me eating healthy, I can modify for the rest of the family, and it’s super easy. A little prep and planning are all you need.
The slow cooker or crockpot (same thing) is the perfect way to keep up with the busy days we all seem to have. You can add it all in the morning and have a delicious meal at night. These keto slow cooker meals will become a staple in your meal planning!
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon. See my full disclosure here.
Whoever invented the slow cooker is a genius in my book. This is the one I have from Amazon and it’s fantastic. Great for traveling too because the sides latch!
All you do is add ingredients and it does the rest! If you’re new to the Keto diet or just curious, check out these keto posts below full of info about what it is, what you can eat, what to avoid, and meal plan ideas!
But back to the slow cooker meals! Amazing ideas for easy and healthy dinners!
Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
This chicken is amazing and crazy easy. Two ingredients in the slow cooker and that’s it. And it’s a crowd-pleaser – just don’t go too spicy on the salsa if the kiddos are eating.
- 4 chicken breasts or chicken thighs
- A 16-ounce container of salsa (I get the fresh salsa from the deli section of the store)
- Cook for 4 hours on low
- After it’s finished cooking, strain the entire crockpot. You’ll be left with chunks of salsa and chicken.
- Shred with a fork and serve with cheese, guacamole, and sour cream
- Add in a salad and you’ve got a complete meal!
Pork tenderloin is hit or miss around here depending on the sales, so this might not be a weekly item for the list. But, if you can catch a sale, get multiples so you can repeat this meal!
- Combine 2 teaspoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder in a small bowl
- Coat all sides of the pork tenderloin
- Add 1/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the bottom of the slow cooker
- Add the pork and cook on low for 4-8 hours depending on the size of your pork (I buy the smaller ones, so it’s 4 hours)
- Shred with a fork and serve with green beans or asparagus and salad
Slow Cooker Chuck Roast
Now I know – Roast and potatoes are the norm around here. But, if we’re keeping this keto-friendly, you can cook the potatoes, but not wise to eat them. One potato has around 37 grams of carbs (and remember, we’re shooting for 25-50 total for the day!). However, I still add the potatoes because the rest of the household will eat them and I account for them if I eat any.
- Generously salt and pepper a chuck roast. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet and brown the roast in a skillet for at least 1 minute per side.
- Mix a packet of beef stew seasoning (I use McCormicks) with 1/2 cup beef stock and pour over the roast.
- Cook the roast on low for about 4-8 hours depending on size. If you can pierce it easily with a fork and it looks like it’ll shred apart – it’s done. If it’s tough, keep cooking. I know it sounds backward, but trust me. You gotta keep going!
- If you’re adding in the potatoes and carrots for the rest of the family, add those to the crockpot before the roast.
- Serve with your favorite keto-friendly sides (mashed cauliflower, green beans, salad, zucchini)
Slow Cooker Keto Chili
I can’t wait to try this slow cooker chili from Wholesome Yum! This is one I haven’t tried yet because for some reason I can’t bring myself to eat chili when it’s still 90 million degrees outside, but it’s on my list when cooler temps arrive. It gets rave reviews and who would’ve thought you could enjoy chili without the beans!
BBQ Chicken or Pork
Again – this is an adjustment for me. When I think BBQ – I think sandwiches. My hubs is the opposite. He prefers a pile of BBQ and doesn’t even need or miss a bun. However, “lifestyle change”. That’s what I keep telling myself.
- 2-pound pork loin or 4 chicken breasts
- I use one bottle of BBQ sauce. Yes, BBQ sauce has some carbs. You aren’t drinking the bottle though. Plan it as part of your carb count for the day.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Shred with a fork and enjoy!
This will be my go-to replacement for lasagna while on Keto. I’ve searched for low carb, no-carb lasagna noodles and so far the only thing I’ve found is a $10 box from Amazon – no thank you. I’m not buying $10 noodles.
Eggplant is a healthy and low carb veggie that will be just as delicious. This recipe from Delish does have panko bread crumbs, but if you factor in how much of a serving you’ll be consuming, it’s still good for Keto. I’ll likely cut down the amount in the recipe just a smidge and pair it with no carb sides. Make sure to check your marinara for added sugars too. Those things can sneak up on you!
Crockpot Steak Bites
These delicious little bites from Stockpiling Moms look amazing. Steak is a crowd pleaser around here and if I can simplify the whole grilling process and use the slow cooker instead – sign me up! My kids love steak and so do we, so this is a win in this house! Add a salad, green beans or asparagus, and you’ve got an easy keto-friendly steak dinner.
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
I’m using almost the same recipe from my regular chicken fajitas except instead of marinating them overnight, I’m adding it all to the slow cooker.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut in 1/2
- Mix together 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup water, 2 teaspoons each of salt, pepper, and cumin, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 5 chopped garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pour over chicken
- Add 3 sliced peppers – whatever color you like and sliced onions if you prefer.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours depending on your slow cooker. Mine seems to cook everything in 4.
- Shred with a fork or cut into cubes and use for fajitas
- Top with salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and guacamole – just skip the tortilla or use a low carb option. I personally don’t love the low carb tortillas, so I’d rather do without, but if you know a great one, please send it my way!
Roasted Chicken with Lemon Parsley Butter
This recipe for Roasted Chicken in a slow cooker, courtesy of I Breathe, I’m Hungry, will do wonders for your budget and your keto diet. Cooking with a whole chicken is less expensive than buying individual chicken breasts. It’s fairly simple too – this one doesn’t require a ton of ingredients or prep. Cook the chicken, add a few keto-friendly sides, and call it dinner! Or slice up the chicken and add to a salad. This will be a great one for leftovers too!
Sliceable Crock Pot Roast Beef
Now I know we’ve already done a chuck roast, but this sliceable roast beef from Barefeet in the Kitchen just looked too good to pass up. This one has meal prep written all over it for me. How easy would it be to stick to the meal plans and pack your lunch every day if it included delicious roast beef?? Just looking at her pictures makes me hungry and it’s so simple too!
Hopefully, you’ll enjoy these keto slow cooker recipes as much as I do! I’ll take anything to make it easier to stick to a healthy lifestyle change – just a little meal planning and prep can go a long way to keeping you on track. Happy slow cooking and don’t forget to Pin for Later!