One thing I like to do with the kiddos each year is make some type of Christmas craft. They love it and I love that they’re being creative. Plus we get something new and handmade to add to our tree! However, I also don’t want to spend a fortune or end up making the whole thing myself. So we’ve come up with a few simple and easy popsicle stick Christmas trees that you can make too! Nothing fancy needed – basic craft store supplies and a small amount of time.
Popsicle Stick Christmas Trees
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience but you can find all these supplies at any craft store! See my affiliate disclosure here
- Popsicle Sticks
- Decorations – Shiny sequins, glittery puff balls, foam stickers, anything they like will work
- Fun ribbon or twine
- Glue gun/knife (parents only on this part!)
- Glue – you can use regular glue if you don’t have a glue gun
DIY Popsicle Stick Christmas Tree
- Assemble the trees first. Use a whole stick for the trunk. I also use a whole stick for the bottom branch. Use a knife to score the sticks in differing lengths for the rest of your branches. They will break pretty easily once you score them and they don’t have to be perfect because they will get covered up with decorations.
- Use a glue gun or regular glue to attach your branches. You can certainly use regular glue but the glue gun goes faster and you can get to work on decorating faster. The regular glue takes longer to dry.
- Then add the fun parts. I let my kids decorate any way they want – no perfection necessary!
- Cut a small length of fun ribbon or twine and glue each end to the top of your tree.
- Add it to your own tree and wallah! Fun kids craft they can enjoy every year!
Look how shiny and pretty they are! Your kiddos will love it! So easy and simple! I’ve tried more complicated crafts with them (for reference, mine are 10 and 7) and they always love the simple ones the best!
And here’s the second one we made that’s even easier!
- Use 3 popsicle sticks for each one – arrange it in a triangle and use glue to attach the ends. Let them decorate with all the shiny fun stuff and that’s it. No hanger needed because it’ll just hang on a branch! Told you it was easy and simple.
These are so simple and fun for kids to make – don’t try to over think it with kids. They don’t care if it’s Pinterest worthy. They just want to make something with you. Hold back your urge to make it perfect and have fun with them!
And these are perfect for a kids Christmas party! See how we do it and keep our sanity in the process! – How to Throw a Kids Christmas Party!
Don’t forget to pin for later!